Benchtop Drill Press
We recommend using this tool with jewelry-sized drill bits that fit the wire gauges you most commonly work with. Use Cut Lube (#69-189) on your drill bits, and start the placement of each hole with a center punch (#69-239).
A vice (#69-393) is essential for punching items that are domed/dimensional. For flat items, use a few different sized pieces of scrap wood as bases under your item, to safely drill into.
Some items, such as shells, pearls, rock and beach glass, should be drilled underwater with a tungsten or diamond drill bit for 2 important reasons: to prevent harmful (and potentially toxic) dust from damaging your lungs or eyes, and to keep the item cool, preventing breakage. Experiment to find the small bowl or container that works best for your drilling purposes. A thick sponge in the container can provide the drilling surface for these items that must be drilled in water.
Recommended Drill Bits:
- 18 gauge wire: #69-190-59 Drill Bit #59/1.04mm
- 20 gauge wire: #69-190-67 Drill Bit #67/0.81mm
- 22 gauge wire: #69-190-71 Drill Bit #71/0.66mm
- 24 gauge wire: #69-190-75 Drill Bit #75/0.53mm
- Drill Bit Set #69-046-PART:
- 14 gauge wire: #52/1.61mm/0.063"
- 17 gauge wire: #56/1.18mm/0.465"
- 18 gauge wire: #60/1.01mm/0.04"
- 20 gauge wire: #66/0.83mm/0.033"
- 21 gauge wire: #70/0.71mm/0.028"
- 23 gauge wire: #74/0.57mm/0.22"
- Diamond Bit Set #69-156-000:
- 20 heads, fine to medium grit, perfect for grinding or texturing
- Always wear proper eye protection when using the drill press.
- Never wear loose clothing when operating the drill press.
- Always operate with headstock cover attached.
- Keep long hair tied back when operating drill press.
- Always ground plug.
- Never alter or tamper with original equipment.
This small, lightweight drill press is uniquely designed for small precision applications. The single phase, adjustable speed motor allows for control and ease of use.
- 110 Volt
- 100 Watt
- Jacobs Chucks
- Max drill bit diameter: 6mm
- Max travel: 1"
- Max distance between work platform and chuck: 8"
- Weight: 11lbs.
- Insert stand shaft into pedestal.
- To adjust height, loosen clamp wrench and bring down headstock to desired level and tighten clamp wrench.
- Insert handle with knob into handle shaft.
- Unplug drill press
- Open headstock cover
- Place belt as follows:
See Related Products links (below) for similar items and additional jewelry-making supplies that are often used with this item.
Country of Origin: