4th of July Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Center a stone in a setting and gently squeeze prongs in (with your fingers or pliers) working from opposite sides to keep the stone centered.
- Once the prongs are bent in, use the burnishing tool to smooth them firmly into place.
- Cut 2 pieces of chain, 5 links long.
- Cut 2 pieces of chain, 10 links long.
- The links on this 2.8mm peanut chain are a nice size, easy to add medium jump rings to. Also, the flattened links nicely catch the light.
- Select 12 matching medium sized jump rings (5-6mm) from the mix.
- Use a jump ring to attach a sapphire (blue) teardrop to the bottom of each piece of chain. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Use a jump ring to attach a clear crystal teardrop to the 2nd link (from the bottom) on all 4 chains.
- Use a jump ring to attach a siam (red) crystal to the 3rd link from the bottom, of all 4 chains.
- Select 2 matching 4-5mm jump rings from the mix. Slide one long and one short chain onto a jump ring, and attach to the earring setting.
- Repeat for other earring, add earring nuts, and go watch the fireworks!
- 1 each #01-122-12-20 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli Stone, 12mm - Siam
- 1 each #01-122-12-18 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli Stone, 12mm - Sapphire
- 1 pair #32-840-01-12-3 Earring Post Finding with Loop and 12mm I.D. Bezel Setting - Silver Plated
- 1 foot #40-090-51-1 White Plated Peanut Chain by the FOOT, 2.8mm
- 1 ounce [use 14 rings] #37-100-1 Assorted White Plated Jump Rings
- 4 each #06-000-11-18 Swarovski 6000 Tip-Drilled Teardrop Pendant, 11mm - Sapphire
- or - NEW! Majestic Blue 6000 11mm Teardrop
- 4 each #06-000-11-01 Swarovski Pendant 6000 Tip-Drilled Teardrop 11mm - Crystal
- 4 each #06-000-11-20 Swarovski 6000 Tip-Drilled Teardrop Pendant, 11mm - Siam
- 1 gross (144) [use 2 pieces] #33-224-1 Silver Tone Anodized Aluminum Earring Backs with Rubber Grip, Domestic
- 2 pairs of jewelry pliers, such as #69-275-31
- #69-101 EURO TOOL 2" Curved Steel Burnisher
- Wire Cutters
Jul 3rd 2021
Our Bead Blog
Classic Bridal Earrings TutorialFeb 22nd 2023
Created by: Summer MelaasDesigner Tips Attach ear wire to top loop of filigree. For best way to ope
Best Necklace and Bracelet LengthsFeb 22nd 2023
What is the BEST Necklace Length? 18" necklaces are the most popular in the United States, but might
Gemstone Index: PeridotFeb 22nd 2023
This olivine variety is composed of magnesium iron silicate. Peridot (pronounced PEAR-ih-doh or PEAR