Bowl of Peaches Earrings - Tutorial
Learn to make sweet earrings with a dapped set of disks in sterling and copper. A tumbler REALLY gets these domed disks shiny! They are reflecting so much light back, that the Rose Peach crystals look much more intense and vivid than their normal peachy hue.
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Choose textures of your choice and hammer the sterling blanks with one pattern, and the copper blanks with another pattern.
- Dome each blank. See our How to Dap and Dome blog post.
- Tumble blanks to a shiny surface.
- With your chain-nose pliers gently turn the loop on the earwire by 90 degrees. This will allow the dangles to hang correctly.
- Assemble each earring with one crystal pendant. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- 2 each #44-750-20 Sterling Silver Blank, Round with Loop, 22x18mm
- 2 each #44-780-29 Copper Stamping Blank, Round with Loop, 25x22mm
- 2 each #06-428-08-409 Swarovski 6428 Rivoli Pendant, 8mm - Rose Peach
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #34-533 Sterling Silver Earring Hook Findings, Economy
- 1 ten-pack (use 4) #37-295-455 Sterling Silver Jump Ring, Round - 5.5mm, 20.5-gauge
- 1 ten-pack (use 2) #37-295-240 Sterling Silver Jump Ring, Round - 4mm, 22-gauge
- #69-130 Wood Dapping Block
- #69-342 Plastic Mallet
- Texture Stamping Hammer
- Cross Texture Stamp
- Rock Tumbler, 3lb Capacity
- Stainless Steel Shot, 2lb
- Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- Chain-Nose Pliers