Constellation Pendulum Pendant Tutorial
Make this constellation pendant with crystal head pins and ball-end head pins for different sizes of stars, using Swarovski Ceralun Ceramic Epoxy Clay.
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Begin by choosing a constellation from a preferred book or website, to use as reference.
- Read our blog article:Ceralun Constellation Jewelry for step-by-step instructions on how to set head pins, swirl clay and more.
- You can make a larger (or more delicate) necklace by selecting a different bezel cup and crystal pendant. (links below)
- For tips on wrapping the Double Spike Bead, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- #65-040 EURO TOOL Beading Tweezers (for placing head pins in clay)
- #63-622 Plastic baggies for storage of leftover clay
- #69-271-99 Basic Jewelry Tool Set
- #66-021 Hobby Knife (to cut clay in equal portions)
- #69-657-M Nitrile gloves, one set for each color of clay, minimum
- #69-351 Safety glasses (to shield eyes while cutting head pins)
- Apron: to protect clothes
- Moist Wipes: for smoothing clay and tidying up
- Paper: a few sheets to protect your work area
- Toothpicks / skewers: for manipulating clay
- Plastic container with lid: to cover pieces during curing
- Alcohol swabs: for cleaning bezels
Constellations pair well with crystals, birthstones and zodiac charms. Customize the swirled background by selecting other clay colors.
Jan 1st 2021