Fashion and Function Pin Cushion Ring Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Create a cardboard template 2.5 times the diameter of the bezel (approximately 2.25" for this ring).
- Using a doubled 36" piece of sewing thread, knotted at one end, sew a running stitch around the edge of the fabric piece about 5mm in from the edge.
- Add stuffing and draw the fabric in by pulling the thread tight. Once you've achieved a round shape that fits the bezel cup, secure the thread with several knots and cut excessive thread.
- Glue into bezel using E-6000 and let dry overnight. Gluing Hints for Metal Findings (PDF)
- 1 each #51-701-233-2 Amate Studios Brass Finger Ring Blank, Adjustable, Round Brass Bezel, 23mm
- 1 tube [use olive green] #61-719-02 Super-Lon, D, Water & Sky
- 1 each #60-260 Adhesive, E-6000
- Cotton fabric
- Fiber fill stuffing or cotton balls
- Scrap piece of cardboard
Oct 31st 2021