Little Sprout Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- For step-by-step illustrated instructions showing how to engrave the pendant, see Rings & Things blog post "Jewelry Making DIY – Make a Micro Engraved Pendant"
- Next, assemble the necklace:
- New to jewelry-making? See Basic Jewelry-Making Technique Sheet (PDF) for most secure method of opening and closing jump rings, and other basic jewelry-making information.
- Attach a 6mm jump ring to the completed pendant's hanging hole.
- Cut the ball chain to your desired length.
- String the pendant onto the ball chain and position it at the mid-way point.
- From each side of the necklace, string on 3 each large-hole beads (for a total of 6 beads).
- Attach a clasp to one end of the necklace chain.
- Connect the open end of the necklace chain to the clasp.
- 1 pair (use 1 blank) #88-102-23-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Blank, Rectangle with Hole
- 2 feet (use 15"-to-24") #40-080-01-18-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Steel Ball Chain By The FOOT, 1.8mm
- 2 each #40-801-6-EA Antiqued Brass Plated Ball Chain Clasp, 1.8-2.4mm
- 1 ounce (use 1 piece) #37-145-6 Antiqued Brass Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- 1 hundreds (use 6 beads) #26-114-0 Brass Metal Beads, 5x5mm Barrel, Large Hole
- #69-198 Micro Engraver
- #86-160-001 StazOn Ink Pad
- #69-118 Rubber Bench Block, 4x4x1"
- #63-537 EURO TOOL Polishing Cloth, Brilliant
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2×2"
- #69-275-58 Baby Wubbers Flat-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-53 Baby Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-056 EURO TOOL Side Flush Cutter
- rubber stamps from the craft store (stamps with a simple line drawing work best)
- low-tack masking tape
- isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol (for ink cleanup)
- paper towel (for ink cleanup)
Feb 22nd 2023
Our Bead Blog
Classic Bridal Earrings TutorialFeb 22nd 2023
Created by: Summer MelaasDesigner Tips Attach ear wire to top loop of filigree. For best way to ope
Best Necklace and Bracelet LengthsFeb 22nd 2023
What is the BEST Necklace Length? 18" necklaces are the most popular in the United States, but might
Gemstone Index: PeridotFeb 22nd 2023
This olivine variety is composed of magnesium iron silicate. Peridot (pronounced PEAR-ih-doh or PEAR