M is for Monogram Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Fabricate the BRONZclay focal according to the manufacturer's instructions. Like many other metal clays, BRONZclay must be fired in a kiln.
- BRONZclay shrinks approximately 20% from package to finished product. When you create your pieces, keep this in mind.
- If you also work with Art Clay™ Silver (ACS), your ACS tools and work surfaces must be kept separate from the tools and surfaces that you use with BRONZclay. The materials do not work well together, and you will get some unwanted results if you use the same tools and work surfaces for both.
- 1 strand [use 1] #20-635-273 Bead, Pearl, Freshwater, Potato, 5mm (Purple)
- 1 ea #87-151-100 BRONZclay™, 100 grams (Bronze)
- 1 spool [use 24"] #40-099-13-6 Chain, Footage, Cable, 2.1mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 dozen [use 1] #39-340-6 Clasp, Lobster, 10mm (Antiqued Brass)
- 1 doz [use 1] #05-005-08-150 Crystal, Bead, Chessboard, 8mm (Crystal/ Golden Shadow)
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-415-6 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-123-6 Jump Ring, Oval, 3x4mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-145-6 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-167-6 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- #87-197 Coal Carbon, 2lbs.
- #87-199 Tool, Firing Pan with Lid
- #69-081 Tool, Pliers, 5", Ergonomic, Bent Chain-Nose
- #69-082 Tool, Pliers, 5", Ergonomic, Round Nose
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- A kiln appropriate for firing bronze clay
- Metal clay tools dedicated for use with bronze clay
- Monogram wax seal of your choice (or, use a large alphabet stamp.
Sep 30th 2021