Pearls and Swirls Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Create two BRONZclay™ charms according to the manufacturer's instructions. Like most metal clays, BRONZclay must be fired in a kiln. BRONZclay shrinks approximately 20% from package to finished product. When you create your pieces, keep this in mind.
- Use a decorative rubber stamp or texture plate to create a design in the BRONZclay.
- Use the bead reamer to enlarge the holes in the pearls. Submerge the pearl in a shallow bowl of water while reaming, and work from both sides for best result.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
- 1 strand [use 2] #20-638-09-363 Freshwater Pearl Beads, 8mm Faceted Potato
- 1 ea #87-151-100 BRONZclay™, 100 grams (Bronze)
- 1 ea #87-197 Coal Carbon, 2lbs.
- 1 pair [use 1 pair] #34-063-41 French Hook Ear Wire, Niobium (Bronze)
- 1 100 [use 2] #37-099-20-6 Head Pin, 2", Standard, Ball End (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- #69-058 Tool, Bead Reamer, Battery Operated
- #87-199 Tool, Firing Pan with Lid
- #65-330 Tool, Pliers, Chain Nose, Non-Serrated, 5"
- #65-206 Tool, Pliers, Round Nose, 4.5"
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- A kiln appropriate for firing bronze clay
- Metal clay tools dedicated for use with BRONZclay
- Decorative rubber stamps of your choice or #87-057-01 texture plate
Feb 22nd 2023