Pearls and Swirls Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Create two BRONZclay™ charms according to the manufacturer's instructions. Like most metal clays, BRONZclay must be fired in a kiln. BRONZclay shrinks approximately 20% from package to finished product. When you create your pieces, keep this in mind.
- Use a decorative rubber stamp or texture plate to create a design in the BRONZclay.
- Use the bead reamer to enlarge the holes in the pearls. Submerge the pearl in a shallow bowl of water while reaming, and work from both sides for best result.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
- 1 strand [use 2] #20-638-09-363 Freshwater Pearl Beads, 8mm Faceted Potato
- 1 ea #87-151-100 BRONZclay™, 100 grams (Bronze)
- 1 ea #87-197 Coal Carbon, 2lbs.
- 1 pair [use 1 pair] #34-063-41 French Hook Ear Wire, Niobium (Bronze)
- 1 100 [use 2] #37-099-20-6 Head Pin, 2", Standard, Ball End (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- #69-058 Tool, Bead Reamer, Battery Operated
- #87-199 Tool, Firing Pan with Lid
- #65-330 Tool, Pliers, Chain Nose, Non-Serrated, 5"
- #65-206 Tool, Pliers, Round Nose, 4.5"
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- A kiln appropriate for firing bronze clay
- Metal clay tools dedicated for use with BRONZclay
- Decorative rubber stamps of your choice or #87-057-01 texture plate
Feb 22nd 2023
Our Bead Blog
Classic Bridal Earrings TutorialFeb 22nd 2023
Created by: Summer MelaasDesigner Tips Attach ear wire to top loop of filigree. For best way to ope
Best Necklace and Bracelet LengthsFeb 22nd 2023
What is the BEST Necklace Length? 18" necklaces are the most popular in the United States, but might
Gemstone Index: PeridotFeb 22nd 2023
This olivine variety is composed of magnesium iron silicate. Peridot (pronounced PEAR-ih-doh or PEAR