Star Light Netted Ornament Cover Tutorial
Created by: Veronica Greenwood
- Create a unique, beautiful netted Christmas ornament cover with size 11 seed beads, and Swarovski crystal pearls or your choice of accent beads and drops -- free instructions, no blinkin ads, and no login required.
- Thread a size 12 beading needle with 2 yards of One-G, or stretched and waxed size B beading thread.
- String on 4 main beads, 1 accent bead (1 set) and repeat 8 times for a total of nine sets, leaving a 6"" tail.
- Go through all beads one more time to form a circle, and tie a knot. Weave needle and thread until you exit an accent bead.
- String 5 main beads, 1 accent bead and 5 main beads and go through the next accent bead in the top ring. Repeat 8 more times to complete row 2.
- Go through existing 5 main and 1 accent bead of row 2 to step down to row 3.
- String on 6 main, 1 accent bead and 6 main. Go through the accent bead of the next loop and continue around 8 more times.
- Step down to row 4 and continue as in step 6 but string 7 main, 1 accent and 7 main.
- Step down to row 5 and continue stringing with 8 main, 1 accent and 8 main.
- To add drops: bring the thread through the existing 8 main and 1 accent bead of row 5, string on 7 main, 3 accent, 7 main, 1 4mm bead, 2 accent, 1 8mm bead and 3 accent. Skip the 3 accent beads and go back through the existing 8mm bead, 2 accent, 1 4mm bead, 2 accent, 1 6mm bead, 2 accent and 1 4mm bead. String on 7 main, 3 accent and 7 main. Finish drop by going through the accent bead on the next loop. Repeat 8 more times to finish round.
- To tie off, weave thread up through beads on netted cover. Go under your thread and tie a double knot. Weave up a few more beads and tie another knot. Weave your tail away from knot and cut thread.
1 spool #61-004 (use 2 yards) One-G Thread
- #69-043 Scissors with Extra Large Loop
- #65-030-12 Beading Needle Size 12 Sharp
- #66-214-06 Beading Mat, Light Blue (keeps beads from rolling away from you as you work)
Jan 2nd 2021
Our Bead Blog
Layered Floral Earrings with Stamping TutorialJun 1st 2023
Created by: Guest Designer Deb FlorosSuggested Supplies2 #44-722-28-0 Brass Stamping Blank, Lo
Choosing the Right Necklace Length: A Comprehensive Guide for DIY Jewelry MakersMay 22nd 2023
Hello, fellow crafters and DIY jewelry enthusiasts! Today, we delve into an essential aspect of neck
Gemstone Index: PeridotFeb 22nd 2023
This olivine variety is composed of magnesium iron silicate. Peridot (pronounced PEAR-ih-doh or PEAR