Stars-in-Jars Earrings Tutorial
- Fill the tiny glass jars with candy sprinkles in colors of your choice. Local team colors in fun shapes are often available in the baking aisle! This design uses bright green and blue for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Use the awl to carefully poke a hole through the center of the cork. Push the head pin through this hole, from the bottom.
- Make a wrapped loop (or simple loop) at the top of the cork. For step by step wire looping instructions, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Optional: Add a dab of glue around the edge of the cork, and glue it into the top of the bottle.
- Add ear wire to loop.
- Optional: use round nose pliers to gently close the kidney wire loop so the little glass jars stay securely on the ear wire.
- 1 dozen [use 2 each] #30-187-1811 Bottle Charm, Glass Jar, 18x11mm
- or (for a slightly larger pair of earrings) -
1 dozen [use 2 each] #30-207 Bottle Charm, 1" Glass Mason Jar
- 1 half gross [use 2 each] #34-173-3Silver Plated Kidney Ear Wire, 25mm
- 1 ounce [use 2 each] #37-422-3Silver Plated Head Pin, 2", Standard
- 1 each #60-280Adhesive, Crafter's Pick, The Ultimate (optional for gluing cork stopper in place)
- #65-801: Kemper Mfg. Inc. Awl, Metal
- #69-269-02: EURO TOOL German Round-Nose Jewelry Pliers, 4.5"
- #69-269-03: EURO TOOL German Chain-Nose Jewelry Pliers, 4.5"
- #69-056:EURO TOOL Side Flush Cutter
- Star-Shaped Sprinkles from grocery store - our designer is a big Seahawks fan, so used Seahawks team colors.
Jun 30th 2021