The Imp Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Plan out design, and stamp words and symbols. ("I Drink and I Know Things" is a quote from Game of Thrones, and the colors used here are the colors of house Lannister.)
- New to metal stamping? See Metal Stamping 101
- Texture the blank with rounded end of chasing hammer.
- Apply stamp enamel per package instructions.
- Punch holes in bracelet with Euro Power Punch (note – The rivet length allows them to go through thicker materials; they will spin around in the cuff. To prevent spinning, add washers -- see link at bottom.)
- Form cuff shape with E-Z bender tool.
- Attach crystal rivets (note – for best results, the tool should be perpendicular to the rivet, which won’t be possible since the cuff is bent. Align the tool with the rivet cap on one side of the cuff, and then on the other. Alternately, place the rivets further from the end of the bracelet, to allow attachment prior to bending.)
- Polish bracelet first with steel wool, and then with Ultra polishing pads for Ultra high-shine.
- 1 each #44-772-29 ImpressArt Aluminum Bracelet Blank, 5/8"
- 1 pack (use 1 set) #69-932-06-106 ImpressArt Topaz/ Silver Plated Crystal Rivet
- 1 pack (use 1 set) #69-932-06-232 ImpressArt Ruby/ Silver Plated Crystal Rivet
- 1 each #86-431-11-001 ImpressArt Stamp Enamel - Black
- Washers (see link below)
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- #69-346 EURO TOOL Hammer, Brass, 1-lb
- #69-603 The BeadSmith E-Z Bender Tool for Cuff Bracelets
- #69-989 ImpressArt Crystal Rivet Setting Kit
- #69-214 EURO TOOL EuroPower Punch
- #69-246-23 The BeadSmith Metal Stamp, Whimsy Set (or)
#69-245-25 EURO TOOL Stamp, Crown
- #69-138 EURO TOOL Hammer, Chasing
- #69-240-530-L The BeadSmith 3mm (1/8") Uppercase Gothic Alphabet (Letter) Metal Stamps Set, Letters
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- Alcohol Wipes / Baby Wipes
- 0000 Steel Wool
Jan 1st 2022