Unfurled Copper and Oval Gemstone Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
- Since the gemstones are fairly heavy, use two crimp beads for extra security. Flatten crimps with flat-nose pliers.
- Use two jump rings for the "S" hook to connect to both for style and extra security.
- Vary chain length and stringing pattern as desired.
- Placing the clasp to one side rather than the back makes it easier to close for some people.
- 1 strand [use 6] #21-000-194-83 Bead, Gemstone, 18x25mm Puffed Oval
- 1 gross [use 12] #26-473-7 Bead, 3mm Cornerless Cube
- 1 strand [use 5] #26-812-005 Bead, Copper, Marquise
- 1 strand [use 24] #26-840-10-AC Bead, Brass, Barrel Heishi, 3mm
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-167-7 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm
- 1 ea #39-890-02 Copper Clasp, "S" Hook
- 1 spool [use 5.5"] #40-099-15-7 Chain, Footage, Rollo, 3.9mm
- 1 0.1 oz [use 4] #41-256-51-8 Crimp Bead, Smooth, "Size 1"
- 1 spool [use 13"] #61-773-49-75 Soft Flex® Wire, 0.019", 49 strand, 30'
- #69-270-99 Tool, Lindstrom® Four-Piece Set
- Artisan-made leaf copper bead cap. To make your own similar bead cap, you could make a bead cap like this from COPPRclay, polymer clay, or using copper sheet and metalworking tools.
Jan 1st 2021