Zen Yin Belt Buckle Tutorial
Created by: Jan Roberts
- The economically-priced chatons used in this design are real leaded-glass crystals!
- Pre-plan your design so the clay doesn't dry out before you've finished placing your embellishments. This is especially important on a large object like a belt buckle.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to apply the clay to the buckle blank.
- The Jewel Setter is an excellent tool for picking up and placing the crystals.
- To save time, you can leave the metal beads on the string, rather than placing them individually in the clay.
- Trim excess string once you've placed the beads. For a step-by-step tutorial with images, see the Embellish Jewelry Blanks with Crystal Chatons blog post.
- 1 strand #26-840-19-AB Bead, Hexagon Drum, 3.5-4mm (Brass)
- 1 each #30-682-02-AB Belt Buckle Blank, Oval, 84mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 each #44-062 Coin, Reproduction, Ching Dynasty (Antiqued Bronze Plated)
- 1 each #82-200-04 EnviroTex® Jewelry Clay™
- 1 each #22-368 Pendant, Goldweight, Crab (Brass)
- 1 5gram pkg #07-001-043 Stone, Chaton (Crystal AB)
- 1 5gram pkg #07-001-172 Stone, Chaton (Rose)
- 1 5gram pkg #07-001-452 Stone, Chaton (Sapphire)
- #65-811 Jewel Setter
- Resin flower from designer's stash
Feb 1st 2021
Our Bead Blog
Choosing the Right Necklace Length: A Comprehensive Guide for DIY Jewelry MakersMay 22nd 2023
Hello, fellow crafters and DIY jewelry enthusiasts! Today, we delve into an essential aspect of neck
Gemstone Index: PeridotFeb 22nd 2023
This olivine variety is composed of magnesium iron silicate. Peridot (pronounced PEAR-ih-doh or PEAR
Tivoli Centerline Earrings TutorialFeb 22nd 2023
Save time with pre-drilled blanks and create a pair of fun earrings with size 11/0 TOHO or Delica se