All crimp beads and crimp tubes can be simply flattened with chain-nose pliers or other smooth-jawed flat nose pliers. Or, use the proper size of crimping pliers to form a smaller, rounded crimp bead. With either rounded or flattened crimps, you can add a crimp cover if desired.
Small size 0 and 1 crimps are perfect for small gemstone strands and petite seed beaded projects, using the thinnest diameters of Beadalon, Soft Flex, tiger tail and other beading wire (stringing cable).
- Size 0 crimp tubes fit beading wire cable from 0.010 - 0.012" (0.25 - 0.30mm).
- Size 0 crimp beads fit beading wire cable from 0.010 - 0.013" (0.25 - 0.33mm). Use with Micro crimper.
- Size 1 crimp tubes fit beading wire cable from 0.010 - 0.013" (0.25 - 0.33mm). Use with Micro crimper.
- Size 1 crimp beads fit beading wire cable from 0.010 - 0.018" (0.25 - 0.46mm). Use with Standard crimper.
Medium size 2 and 3 crimps are perfect for the majority of 6-10mm gemstone beads, and most Czech glass beads, using the most-popular diameters of Beadalon, Soft Flex and Soft Touch.
- Size 2 crimp tubes fit 0.015" - 0.024" (0.38 – 0.61mm) beading wire cable, and are available in the widest variety of materials and plating colors.
- Size 2 (and 2mm) crimp beads fit beading wire cable from 0.020 - 0.024" (0.51 - 0.61mm).
- Size 3 crimp tubes fit 0.024" (0.61mm) beading wire cable.
- Size 3 crimp beads fit beading wire cable from 0.024 - 0.036" (0.61 - 0.91mm). Use Mighty crimper.
Large crimp tubes and crimp beads are perfect for finishing the ends of necklaces and bracelets created with heavy beads or multiple strands of beading wire (stringing cable). Simply flatten with chain-nose (smooth flat-nose) pliers, or use the Mighty crimper to turn size 4 crimp tubes into smaller, rounded crimped tubes. Sometimes, you'll even see these large crimps used as spacer beads (honest, that's not a sin).
- Size 4 crimp tubes fit beading wire cable from 0.030" - 0.036" (0.76 - 0.91mm).
- Extra-large crimp beads are great for heavy necklaces strung on multiple strands of beading cable (aka beading wire), and also can be used to finish the ends of memory wire.