Design considerations when choosing a glueable bail (pendant plate) for your custom design:
- Larger and/or textured surfaces provide a strong, solid gluing foundation.
- When gluing, 2-part epoxies generally provide the longest-lasting, most durable bond.
- Beavertail bails (and some styles of bead caps with loop) can be folded over items that vary in size and thickness, such as natural agates and shells.
- Most of our larger glue-pad bails have an offset loop so your heavier (or thicker) items, such as glass or ceramic creations, hang properly.
- Drop Loops are small, inexpensive findings that help you turn your specialty item into a charm, pendant, connector or dangling drop. The 10mm drop loop with center hole is ideal for pointed-back items, or for hot glue or silicone rubber use. The smaller oval drop loop can be glued onto nearly any flat-backed item.
Which Glue is Best?
- Super glues (cyanoacrylate glues) are best for surfaces that fit exactly together (no gaps), or where you need just a small dab for extra security.
- Two-part epoxies require mixing, but have excellent long-term durability (even for foil-back crystals). Great for production craftspeople!
- Specialty & craft glues are each designed for specific applications. Some are flexible, and many will bond plastics, porous materials (wood, fabric, etc.), or metal-to-metal bonds.
- Resins and sealants can sometimes also be used as adhesives.