Brushes for working with metal clay, metal sheet, and other custom jewelry creations:
- Brass wire and steel wire brushes are excellent for cleaning most types of metals -- they help you remove oxidization, oils, dirt and chemicals from surface areas and crevices.
- Brass brushes can also provide a nice brushed finish - just be careful not to over-do it!
- Brass brushes can be used with water. Steel brushes are normally used dry, to prevent rust. Brass is a softer metal, and excessive brushing with a brass brush can transfer some brass to the metal being cleaned. Steel is harder, and is excellent for adding texture to both fired and unfired metal clays.
- Inexpensive craft brushes are often used with jewelry resins, or to apply flux for soldering.
- Various sizes of paint brushes are perfect for working with Vintaj patinas and some types of sealants and glazes.