Botanical Bird Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Summer Melaas
- Follow wire-wrapped loop instructions in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF) to create wire-wrapped link sections with the crystal beads. Be sure to add the various components to your beaded links before finalizing each wire wrap! (Alternately, make simple loops, and /or use jump rings to connect the sections.)
- Use 24-gauge wire to link one Aurum (gold) crystal to bottom right of songbird and to 5" of chain.
- Use one gold crystal to link the other end of chain to bottom left corner of the songbird (see image at bottom of this page).
- Add a bead cap, 4mm Paradise Shine crystal, another cap, and 1 gold crystal to wire. Use to link a tassel or drop charm to the middle of the 5" piece of chain. (See image at bottom of page.)
- Link 1/2" of chain with gold crystal to top right of songbird. Link the other end to the branch with another gold crystal.
- Repeat for left side of top of songbird
- From the top of the branch, use a gold crystal, and link to about 2" of chain.
- Repeat for other side
- Link one side of the chain with a gold bicone, bead cap, Paradise Shine bicone, bead cap, and 1 more gold bicone, to approx. 2 feet of chain (or whatever remaining length you want for your necklace).
- Repeat for other side to connect the 2 feet of chain.
- 1 ten (use 6 pieces) #43-139-13-AS TierraCast Antiqued Silver Plated Bead Caps, Scalloped 4mm
- 3 feet #40-011-001-3-FT Silver Color Oval Cable Chain by the FOOT, 2.2mm
- 2 dozen (use 13 beads) #05-328-03-41 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 3mm - Aurum 2X
- or alternate item - #05-328-03-460 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 3mm - Metallic Sunshine
- 1 dozen (use 3 beads) #05-328-04-426 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Paradise Shine 2X
- 1 spool #46-454-21 Artistic Wire Tarnish Resistant Silver Plated Jewelry Wire, 24ga, 45ft
- 1 each #49-965-61-AS TierraCast 21mm Botanical Birds Link - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 2 each #49-965-62-AS TierraCast 35mm Botanical Branch Link - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 20mm tassel - make your own, or pick some up at your local craft store
- Basic Jewelry Tools (Cutters, Round-Nose Pliers, Chain-Nose Pliers) - a few options are linked
- Optional: Tassel Maker Tool
Mar 31st 2021