Sea Maiden Resin Belt Buckle Tutorial
Created by: Toni Plastino
- To prevent the image from bleeding, seal the front and back with Mod Podge® and let dry. Once dry, glue the image into buckle blank.
- Glue on embellishments such as charms, shells, pearls, and ball chain. When dry, add resin to the buckle.
- Consider brushing on the resin, since the buckle is convex, and has a shallow bezel cup.
- See Tips for Epoxy Resin & Jewelry (PDF).
- 1 each #82-500-08 8oz EasyCast Epoxy Kit
- 1 strand [use 8] #20-621 Bead, Freshwater Pearl, Tiny, 2.7mm
- 1 1 strand [use 6] #29-225 Bead, Shell, "Green Everlasting," Small
- 1 each #30-682-03-AB Belt Buckle Blank, Oval, Rope Border, 85mm
- 1 spool [use 10"] #40-883-2 Chain, Footage, Ball, 3.2mm, 100ft
- 1 dozen [use 2] #44-461-0 Charm, Double-Leaf, 19x16mm
- 1 each #82-599 Mixing Set
- Copyright-free image, cut to size
- Mod Podge®
- Paint brush
Jan 1st 2021