Wrapped in Rhinestone Lashed Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- For a step-by-step tutorial with images, see the Easy to Make Lashed Rhinestone and Leather Bracelet blog post.
- Cut your leather to length (twice the wrist length plus about 8 inches).
- Fold the leather in half to form a button loop and size it to fit your choice of button. Tie on the waxed linen cord.
- Tuck in the linen cord tail and bind the loop and leather cord together by tightly coiling with linen cord for 3/8 inch.
- Cut the rhinestone chain to wrist length. Lay the rhinestone chain on the leather and begin tightly lashing between each rhinestone. When you are near completion, check the bracelet length and cut off any excess rhinestone chain.
- Tightly coil with linen cord for 3/8 inch to bind the leather, string the button on one leather strand, then bind the leather for another 3/8 inch.
- For an industrial look, substitute ball chain for rhinestone.
- Blog post: Easy to Make Lashed Rhinestone and Leather Bracelet
- Blog post: Wire lashing: an easy way to cover your jewelry with beads or bling!
- 1 each #59-100-01-AS Button, Cast, Czech Rosette
- 1 spool [use 48"] #61-427-25 Cord, Waxed Linen, 5 ply -- Waxed Linen is back in stock!
- 1 meter [use 6-1/2"] #46-349-30-042-9 Glass Rhinestone Chain, 3mm
- 1 each [use 24"] #61-132-05-37 Leather, Greek, 2mm, 5 Meter
- Sewing needle
Jan 1st 2022