The end caps in this category are designed to be glued or crimped onto your cord. Choose an inner diameter the same size as, or slightly larger than, the cord it needs to fit.
- Many of these cord ends are designed to be glued onto round cording or braid, such as 1mm cotton, 1.7mm rubber cord, 2mm leather, 5mm round suede, and 6mm Kumihimo. Click into the details of any product for more information (including inner diameter)
- Tiny crimp ends with loops are designed to be crimped (flattened) onto fine chain or thin cording.
- Other styles are perfect for 2 strands of 1mm or 2mm cord, or a single strip of 1x2mm or 2x4mm lacing -- most of these oval end caps can be crimped!
- Fold-over crimps are perfect for suede or deer hide lacing, or multiple strands of thin flat cording, trim and fibers.
Simply align 1 or more strands of cord into crimp, and fold (crimp) sides down firmly over the cord with chain-nose or nylon-jaw pliers. A drop of glue (super glue, household cement, epoxy or even fingernail polish) can help secure the cord in these fold-over crimps (be careful not to use too much, or you'll discolor your cord). Some styles of fold-over crimps have a small prong to help hold cord more securely. Push the cord down on the prong before you glue your cord and crimp the sides.
- Coil ends are popular jewelry findings for finishing the ends of leather cord, cotton cord and other 1mm - 3mm round cording. To Use:
- Double the end of your cord. (Optional: Add a dab of glue.)
- Twist the cord slightly as you push it all the way into the coil end. Since cord width varies, so does the ease of this step.
- Crimp down the last half coil, securing the coil end (using a pair of flat-nose jewelry pliers).
- Most other end caps are designed for use with glue, to finish the ends of bolos, Kumihimo braids, Viking knit, or thick cording.