Bee Keeper Reliquary Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- For a step-by-step tutorial with images, check out the How to Create a Reliquary Pendant blog post.
- Cut and shape the blank: Measure and cut a brass blank 1 x 1-3/4" in size. File the blank to soften the corners.
- Mark and punch holes: Measure and mark the hanging holes: 3 holes, 1/8" from the top and spaced to match the holes of the triangle filigree and the wire-lashing holes; 2 holes, 1/8" from each side and 5/8" from the top. Punch holes in the marked positions with the two-hole punch.
- Patina the blank and filigree: Clean the blank with a micro-fine polishing pad. Use a cotton swab to apply patina to the blank. Polish with the polishing pad to a desirable finish.
- Add an image: Center the glass bezel on your patterned paper and use a pencil to mark the position. With craft scissors, cut out the paper just smaller than the bezel's exterior edge.
- Adorn and encase: Glue the patterned paper to the brass blank. Glue on the bee charm (first remove the loop) and rhinestone, checking the position with the glass bezel. Glue on the glass bezel. Allow to dry.
- Make cold connections: Lash the bezel in place with wire; this is both an adornment and reinforcement. Attach the triangle filigree to the pendant blank with jump rings.
- Finish the necklace: Add a large jump ring to the triangle filigree top. String large ball chain through the jump ring, and finish with a clasp.
- 1 each #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 spool [use 8"] #46-406-30 Artistic Wire®, 26ga, 90ft
- 1 spool [use 20"] #40-885-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Steel Ball Chain By The Spool, 4.8mm, 100ft
- or - 2 feet [use 20"] #40-080-01-48-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Steel Ball Chain By The FOOT, 4.8mm
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #44-940-90-AG Charm, Cast, Small Honeybee
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #40-805-6 Clasp, Ball Chain, 4.8mm, not shown
- or -1 each #40-805-6-EA Antiqued Brass Plated Ball Chain Clasp, 4.8mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #44-153-0 Filigree, Triangle
- 1 okf of 5 [use 1] #83-511-05-042 Glass Bezel, Rectangle, 34x19mm
- 1 oz [use 4] #37-100-6 Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes
- 1 each #86-310 Novacan Black Patina
- 1 meter [use 5/8"] #46-349-30-042-0 Raw Brass Rhinestone Chain, 3mm
- 1 pkg of 6 [use 1 x 1-3/4"] #64-991-20-100 Sheet, 20 Gauge, 6x1"
- #69-252-01-4 Tool, Flat File, 6", #4 Cut
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-257 Tool, Sanding Sponges, Set
- #69-230 Tool, Shear, 7"
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- 1/4" wide craft paint brush
- Cotton swabs
- Patterned paper
- Extra fine point Sharpie
Jan 1st 2021
Our Bead Blog
Choosing the Right Necklace Length: A Comprehensive Guide for DIY Jewelry MakersMay 22nd 2023
Hello, fellow crafters and DIY jewelry enthusiasts! Today, we delve into an essential aspect of neck
Gemstone Index: PeridotFeb 22nd 2023
This olivine variety is composed of magnesium iron silicate. Peridot (pronounced PEAR-ih-doh or PEAR
Tivoli Centerline Earrings TutorialFeb 22nd 2023
Save time with pre-drilled blanks and create a pair of fun earrings with size 11/0 TOHO or Delica se